Monitoring of New Developments
In order to remain abreast of innovations in safety, health, environmental, climate change and other related legal sustainability topics, IMBEWU monitors daily legal policy and other relevant national, regional and international developments in this arena, pertaining to:
- International best practices
- Standards & technical guidelines
- Political and lobbying agenda
- International carbon credit markets, e.g., carbon credit prices, development of carbon credit standards and progress towards implementation of registries for carbon credit trading.
- The Clean Development Mechanism (CDM), e.g., development of new CDM Methodologies, CDM Executive Board decisions and implications for the South African CDM market, recommendations, proceedings of conference of the parties)
- International climate change policy, e.g., progress on negotiations on a future international climate change legal regime.
- Conference proceedings
In order to make this information easily accessible, IMBEWU has developed the "IMBEWU Monthly Sustainability Legal Update Newsletter" This product has been developed to be user-friendly, clear and brief, enabling subscribers to get a comprehensive review of the latest legal developments in this arena.
Parties interested in subscribing to the IMBEWU Monthly Sustainability Legal Update Newsletter should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. A subscription entitles the client to copies of all documents or government gazettes referred to in the Monthly Update within 24 hours of receipt of request. The newsletter is included on the Publications page of our website and is delivered free of charge to all clients who have IMBEWU Legal Registers.
IMBEWU can also customise the abovementioned product to provide a more focused monthly review of legal developments related to specific sustainability topics (e.g.: the CDM, waste management, water uses) or activities (e.g.: cement industry, construction activities, transport) as specified by the client. Parties interested in a customised IMBEWU Monthly Sustainability Legal Update should contact email@example.com.