|Other Legal Advisory and Consulting Services
IMBEWU Sustainability Legal Specialists (Pty) Ltd
53 Dudley Road
Corner Bolton Avenue
Tel. 011 214 0660/1
Fax. 011 880 6577
Other Legal Advisory and Consulting Services
IMBEWU provides diverse environmental legal advisory and consulting services. Other areas of work, not dealt with specifically above, but which have recently been completed or are currently underway include:
- Process related advice regarding environmental authorisation requirements, including assistance in interacting with the regulatory authorities.
- Performing environmental legal reviews of environmental management plans for purposes of environmental impact assessments.
- Assisting in the preparation of guideline documents for government departments.
- Various general environmental legal compliance and regulatory advice regarding inter alia the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act 28 of 2002 compliance requirements and the transition from the Minerals Act 50 of 1991.
Assistance in Drafting and Reviewing Corporate Sustainability Reports
- A number of IMBEWU personnel have successfully completed the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Certified Training Programme - "South Africa on the GRI Sustainability Reporting Process". With their extensive experience in the environmental legal compliance evaluations and issues concerning risk associated with legal compliance, these personnel are in a position to provide valuable assistance in the drafting of the compliance related components of Corporate Sustainability Reports. We are also well positioned to review the adequacy of Sustainability Reports, with the Reports being measured against the GRI requirements and the compliance related findings associated with the operations which are the subject of the Sustainability Report.
Corporate Sustainability Advisory Services
- Senior IMBEWU personnel have substantial experience in the corporate environmental legal compliance considerations, including the risks associated with legal non-compliance (both to the corporate entity and its directors) and in strategic compliance related considerations. We are well placed to provide boards of directors with specialist corporate sustainability advisory services, intended to assist the board in meeting the standards of King III and to otherwise ensure that environmental legal compliance obligations are identified, key areas of risk are determined and responded to and that appropriate strategic guidance is available to the board. Apart from environmental legal compliance related risks facing corporate entities and their directors, the board should also be kept aware of developing compliance trends and the current and pending legal compliance related opportunities that exist, to allow for appropriate strategic planning by the board.